SYLLABUS AND AITT OVERVIEW OF FITTER SEMESTER 1 ENGINEERING DRAWING
ITI fitter engineering drawing NIMI syllabus for semester 1 online
|SUBJECT||PAPER NUMBER||PART||NO. of QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|TRADE THEORY||PAPER -1||A||50||150|
|WORK SHOP CAL & SCIENCE||PAPER – 2||A||25||75|
|ENGINEERING DRAWING||PAPER – 2||B||25||75|
|EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS||PAPER- 1||B||2||50|
FITTER SEMESTER 1 ENGINEERING DRAWING SYLLABUS
TOPICS COVERED IN ENGINEERING DRAWING IN SEMESTER 1
- Engineering Drawing: Introduction and its importance
- Relationship to other technical drawing types
- Viewing of engineering drawing sheets.
- Method of Folding of printed Drawing Sheet as per BIS SP:46-2003
- Instrument Box (Compass, Dividers, Scale, Diagonal Scales etc.), Pencils of different Grades, Drawing pins / Clips.
- Drawing board, T-Square, Drafter (Drafting M/c), Set Squares, Protractor, Drawing
- Drawing Instruments : their Standard and uses
- Lines :
- Definition, types and applications in Drawing as per BIS SP:46-2003
- Classification of lines (Hidden, centre, construction, Extension, Dimension, Section)
- Drawing lines of given length (Straight, curved)
- Drawing of parallel lines, perpendicular line
- Methods of Division of line segment
- Triangle -different types
- Angle: Measurement and its types, method of bisecting.
- Drawing of Geometrical Figures: Definition, nomenclature and practice of
- Single Stroke, Double Stroke, inclined, Upper case and Lower case.
- Lettering and Numbering as per BIS SP46-2003:
- Rectangle, Square, Rhombus, Parallelogram. – Circle and its elements.
- Definition, types and methods of dimensioning (functional, non-functional and auxiliary)
- Types of arrowhead
- Leader Line with text
- Free hand drawing of
- Lines, polygons, ellipse, etc.
- geometrical figures and blocks with dimension
- Transferring measurement from the given object to the free hand sketches.
- Sizes and Layout of Drawing Sheets
- Basic principle of Sheet Size
- Designation of sizes
- Selection of sizes
- Grid Reference
- Borders and Frames (Orientation marks and graduations)
- Title Block, its position and content
- Item Reference on Drawing Sheet (Item List)
- Method of presentation of Engineering Drawing
- Pictorial View
- Orthogonal View
- Isometric view