SYLLABUS AND AITT OVERVIEW OF ENGINEERING DRAWING ELECTRICIAN SEMESTER 1
ITI electrician trade theory semester 1 syllabus online
|SUBJECT||PAPER NUMBER||PART||NO. of QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|TRADE THEORY||PAPER -1||A||50||150|
|WORK SHOP CAL & SCIENCE||PAPER – 2||A||25||75|
|ENGINEERING DRAWING||PAPER – 2||B||25||75|
|EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS||PAPER- 1||B||2||50|
ITI electrician trade theory semester 1 syllabus online
ELECTRICIAN SEMESTER 1 TRADE THEORY SYLLABUS
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Basic safety introduction,
- Personal protection:-
- Basic injury prevention, Basic first aid, Hazard identification and avoidance, safety signs for Danger, Warning, caution & personal safety message.
- Use of Fire extinguishers.
- Visit & observation of sections.
- Various safety measures involved in the Industry.
- Elementary first Aid. Concept of Standard Soft Skills: its importance and Job area after completion of training.Introduction of First aid.
- Operation of electrical mains. Introduction of PPEs.
- Introduction to 5S concept & its application.
- Response to emergencies eg; power failure, fire, and system failure.
- Identification of Trade-Hand tools-Specifications
- Fundamental of electricity. Electron theory- free electron, Fundamental terms, definitions, units & effects of electric current
- Solders, flux and soldering technique. Resistors types of resistors & properties of resistors.
- Introduction of National Electrical Code 2011 Explanation, Definition and properties of conductors, insulators and semi-conductors. Voltage grading of different types of Insulators, Temp. Rise permissible
- Types of wires & cables standard wire gauge
- Specification of wires & Cables-insulation & voltage grades
- -Low , medium & high voltage
- Precautions in using various types of cables / Ferrules
- Ohm’s Law –
- Simple electrical circuits and problems.
- Reading of simple Electrical Layout.
- Resistors –Law of Resistance.
- Series and parallel circuits.
- Kirchoff’s Laws and applications. Wheatstone bridge principle And its applications.
- Effect of variation of temperature on resistance.
- Different methods of measuring the values of resistance
- Common Electrical Accessories, their specifications in line with NEC 2011-Explanation of switches lamp holders, plugs and sockets. Developments of domestic circuits, Alarm & switches, with individual switches, Two way switch .Security surveillance, Fire alarm, MCB, ELCB, MCCB.
- Chemical effect of electric current-Principle of electrolysis. Faraday’s Law of electrolysis. Basic principles of Electro-plating and Electro chemical equivalents. Explanation of Anodes and cathodes. Lead acid cell-description, methods of chargingPrecautions to be taken & testing equipment, Ni-cadmium & Lithium cell, Cathodic protection.
- Electroplating, Anodising.
- Different types of lead acid cells.
- Rechargeable dry cell, description advantages and disadvantages.
- Care and maintenance of cells
- Grouping of cells of specified voltage & current, Sealed Maintenance free Batteries, Solar battery.
- Inverter, Battery Charger, UPS-Principle of working.
- Lead Acid cell, general defects & remedies.
- Nickel Alkali Cell-description charging. Power & capacity of cells. Efficiency of cells.
- ALLIED TRADES:
- Introduction of fitting trade. Safety precautions to be observed Description of files, hammers, chisels hacksaw frames & blades-their specification & grades. Care & maintenance of steel rule try square and files.
- Marking tools description & use. Description of carpenter’s common hand tools such as saws planes, chisels mallet claw hammer, marking, dividing & holding tools-their care and maintenance.
- Types of drills description & drilling machines, proper use, care and maintenance.
- Description of taps & dies, types in rivets & riveted joints.
- Use of thread gauge.
- Description of marking & cutting tools such as snubs shears punches & other tools like hammers, mallets etc. used by sheet metal workers. Types of soldering irons-their proper uses.
- Use of different bench tools used by sheet metal worker. Soldering materials, fluxes and process.
- Magnetism –
- Classification of magnets, methods of magnetising, magnetic materials. Properties, care and maintenance.
- Para and Diamagnetism and Ferro magnetic materials. Principle of electro-magnetism, Maxwell’s corkscrew rule, Fleming’s left and right hand rules, Magnetic field of current carrying conductors, loop and solenoid. MMF, Flux density, reluctance. B.H. curve, Hysteresis, Eddy current. Principle of electromagnetic Induction, Faraday’s Law, Lenz’s Law. Electrostatics: Capacitor- Different types, functions and uses.
- Alternating Current –Comparison and Advantages
- DC and A.C. Related terms
- Instantaneous value, R.M.S. value Average value, Peak factor, form factor.
- Generation of sine wave, phase and phase difference.
- Inductive and Capacitive reactance Impedance (Z), power factor (p.f).
- Active and Reactive power, Simple problems on A.C. circuits, single
- Phase and three-phase system etc.
- Problems on A.C. circuits.
- Power consumption in series and parallel, P.F. etc. Concept three-phase Star and Delta connection. Line and phase voltage, current and power in a 3 phase circuits with balanced and unbalanced load.
- Earthing– Principle of different methods of earthing. i.e. Pipe, Plate, etc Importance of Earthing.
- Improving of earth resistance
- Earth Leakage circuit breaker (ELCB).
- In absence of latest revision in respective BIS provision for Earthing it is recommended to follow IEC guidelines.