SYLLABUS AND AITT OVERVIEW OF ELECTRICIAN TRADE THEORY SEMESTER 4
ITI TRADE THEORY SEMESTER 4 SYLLABUS FOR ELECTRICIAN TRADE
|SUBJECT||PAPER NUMBER||PART||NO. of QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|TRADE THEORY||PAPER -1||A||50||150|
|WORK SHOP CAL & SCIENCE||PAPER – 2||A||25||75|
|ENGINEERING DRAWING||PAPER – 3||NA||NA||75|
ELECTRICIAN SEMESTER 4 TRADE THEORY SYLLABUS
TOPICS COVERED IN TRADE THEORY- SEMESTER-4 ELECTRICIAN
- Machine control cabinet /Control Panel Layout, Assembly & Wiring:
- Layout of Control cabinet & control panel
- Study & Understand Layout drawing of control cabinet , panel, power & control circuits.
- Control Elements: Isolator, pushbutton switches,
- Indicating lamps, MCB, Fuse, Contactor, Relays, Overload Relay, Timers, Rectifier, Limit switches, control transformers.
- Wiring Accessories: Race ways/ cable channel, DIN
- Rail, Terminal Connectors, Thimbles, Lugs,
- Ferrules, cable binding strap & buttons, nylon cable ties, sleeves, Gromats& clips
- Domestic Appliances: Working principles and circuits of common domestic equipment and appliances. – Calling Bell, Buzzer, Alarms, Electric Iron, Heater, Light.Electric Kettle, Heater / Immersion Heater, Hot Plate, Oven, Geyser, Cooking range, Mixer, Washing machine, , Motor Pump set, etc. Concept of Neutral and Earth.
- POWER GENERATION :
- Generation sources of energy, Comparison of energy resources. Types of fuels. Advantages of liquid fuel & solid fuel.
- Various ways of electrical power generation.
- Thermal • Hydro electric • Nuclear • NonConventional
- Coal based, diesel based & Gas based Turbine.
- Constituents in steam power station.
- Hydro Electric:
- Schematic arrangement of Hydro-Electric Power Station. Constituents of Hydro Electric Plant. Types of Hydro Electric Power station. Advantages &disadvantages.
- Schematic arrangement of Nuclear Power Station. Composition of an atomic Nucleus. Advantages & disadvantages. Comparison of above Power Plant.
- An introduction to Power generation through nonconventional power generation such as Solar, BioGas, Wind energy and Micro-hydel, Tidal waves, etc. Basic principal, Advantages & disadvantages of each.
- TRANSMISSION OF ELECTRICAL POWER
- Electrical Supply System :
- Comparison of AC and DC transmission.
- Advantages of High transmission voltage.
- Introduction to Single phase , three phase-3 wire system in transmission lines
- Overhead Lines:
- Main components of overhead lines-Types of power line Low voltage line medium Voltage line & high voltage line Voltage standard Conductor materials, line supports, Insulators, types of Insulators
- Under Ground Cable :
- Construction of cables. Material for cables, its insulation. Classification of cables, cables for 3phase service, Laying of underground cable. Types of cable faults and their location.
- DISTRIBUTION OF POWER
- Function and equipment used in substation.
- Classification of distribution system-AC distribution, Overhead v/s underground distribution system.
- Essential features of switchgears. Isolator, Switch gear equipments, bus-bar arrangement, Short circuit, faults in power system.
- Circuit breakers – Introduction & Classification of circuit breakers lightening arrestors used in HT lines.
- Introduction, Construction & Working of power transistor, thyristor.
- Introduction, Construction, Working, Parameters & application of DC drive
- Speed control of 3 phase induction motor by using VVVF/AC Drive.
- Introduction, Construction, Working, Parameters & application of AC drive
- Schedule of electrical preventive maintenance. Break down, Routine & Preventive maintenance of DC/AC machines, Voltage stabilizer, U.P.S.&Equipments.