- Fitter is a skilled personnel who fits and assembles the metal or machine parts close to design using hand tools.
- These metal parts are used for production or repairs of machines.
- The trainee who seeks training in fitter will have skill sets on operating various drilling machines, lathe machine. Allied to these skill sets fitter need to possess work experience in welding, forging and sheet metal.
- Fitter will also acquire knowledge about various measuring and precision instrument used in production and manufacturing industries.
- Fitter, then cuts and shapes metal sizes accurately to the required dimension by hack sawing, filling, chipping , drilling and basic turning operations.
- Fitter needs to study the drawing to understand specification of different parts, fittings or assembling to be done in production and manufacturing sector.
DURATION AND ELIGIBILITY OF FITTER
- Two years is splitted into four semesters
- NCVT as per DGE&T instructions, has setup guidelines and syllabus to follow.
- Syllabus and content in that syllabus are given in NIMI textbook
- minimum 10 th Standard Pass or equivalent to 10 th standard with marks card, transfer certificate, caste details, study certificate (atleast 5 years of study in respective state)
- NIOS , CBSE and ICSE passed candidates should submit their migration certficate along with the documents discussed in previous point
- 12 th standard pass/ fail, Diploma pass/fail or degree pass/fail candidates are also eligible for pursuing ITI course under NCVT ( NATIONAL CERTIFICATE VOCATIONAL TRAINING.
Please give your valuable feedback and inputs to this article to improve this site created to skill up the skillsets among ITI community
Mail us email@example.com